Simple wwyd(or is it?)

unoperro

Verified Member
Last ball is in top corner pocket on your side. Only ball on the table- you both need 1.

If you leave the okey dokey for your opponent it is probably a 75% make to his corner on this table. If he doesn't make it it will be close.

20240303_135631.jpg

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
The 5 appears frozen, so not possible to make a legal hit using the 5 ball. The cb going directly into it may come back and contact the rail that it is frozen to, thus getting a legal hit. But I would not count on that without making the 5 ball, for it will take a little force to get the cb back to the rail.
Remember,
The 5 is not frozen if not declared as such, and that is not the responsibility of the shooter, so if not declared then you can roll up upon it, result; legal hit.
But if it is declared frozen, and there is no way to get a legal hit without making it, then I would make it, and place the cb in front of the opposite head rail corner pocket. Make him bank it for the win, or a thin cut for the win.
Or,
you can make the 5 plus do a follow in scratch and put two balls up on the spot. But, someone with more experience would have to discuss this scenario!
Or,
possibly you make the 5, and the cb ends up against the long rail jaw and hides the spotted 5 ball.
thanks, good wwyd!
Whitey

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
This is simple at least in it is easy to set up and try!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Where's Ronnie Allen when you need to double hit the cueball...wait, that's no longer legal and you would lose.

Give him the okie doke.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Last ball is in top corner pocket on your side. Only ball on the table- you both need 1.

If you leave the okey dokey for your opponent it is probably a 75% make to his corner on this table. If he doesn't make it it will be close.

View attachment 442708
So just to be clear, you both need just one ball, and it’s the 5-ball, hanging deep in the far corner (neutral) pocket — but on the same side of the table as your own pocket (just the opposite end of the table).

If that’s it, I’m inclined to dump the 5 and draw back across the table (but above the other far corner pocket, so as not to scratch).

Jimmy B

Verified Member
WHen he said that about the okie Doke dipsy doodle I just ass umed it was the other guys out ball in his pocket. oops

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Where's Ronnie Allen when you need to double hit the cueball...wait, that's no longer legal and you would lose.

Give him the okie doke.
I'm gonna hit the 5ball straight with a little top, try for the corner hook if I miss "give him th OKi-
-what ever.

• Love
Reactions: lll

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I think I would just shoot off his long rail down near the pocket roll the cueball down on the bottom rail . and spot a ball , now I need 2 and he needs 1 but has no shot he can advance his position with

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
2 balls on spot and shooting to make either or both is commonly referred to as the okie dokie.

unoperro

Verified Member
So in the image I posted note the cueball is frozen to the cushion and 5 is frozen in the pocket , shoot this with draw and you maybe surprised just where whitey goes.