$20,000 Added Bayou State Classic-February 6-11th, 2024

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Bayou State Classic 2024
$20,000 Added Bayou State Classic presented by Emerald Billiards

Featuring $13,000 added One Pocket, $2,000 Added One Ball One Pocket, and $5,000 added Open 9 Ball Tournaments! Proudly presented by Emerald Billiards and PoolActionTV with support from Diamond Billiards, Simonis, Aramith, Fort Worth Billiards, and Savage Billiards Apparel.
Date: February 6-11th, 2024
Location: Emerald Billiards, 2511 W. Old Spanish Trail, New Iberia, Louisiana

$2,000 Added One Ball One Pocket Tournament
Tuesday, February 6th, $2,000 ADDED One Ball One Pocket Tournament!!

Auction starts at 7 pm. $200 Entry - Field Limited to 1st 32 Paid Players
Single Elimination Tournament - Race to 4

$13,000 Added One Pocket Tournament
Wednesday February 7th-9th, $13,000 ADDED Tournament!!

Auction starts at 7pm. Play immediately after.
Double Elimination Tournament - Races to 3/3 - One Set Final Race to 4
Field Limited to First 48 Paid Players.

Modified Entry Fee Based on FargoRate or Known Ability
Fargo 720 Plus: $600
Fargo 620-739: $400
Fargo 619 & Below: $200

FARGO RATE USED BASED ON A ROBUSTNESS OF 300 OR MORE MATCHES OR PLAYER'S KNOWN ABILITY. FINAL RATINGS FOR PLAYERS ARE BASED ON THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE EVENT PROMOTER/DIRECTOR

$5,000 Added 9-Ball Tournament
Friday, February 9-11th, $5,000 ADDED 9 Ball Tournament!!

Auction Starts at 7pm. Play starts afterwards
$100 Entry Includes $20 Greens Fee - Field Limited to 1st 128 Paid Players
Double Elimination Tournament - Races to 9/7 - Played on 7 Ft. Valley Tables

1707100591812.png

A New Design BORDER (4) (36).jpg

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Last edited:

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
$20,000 added Bayou State Classic
Emerald Billiards, New Iberia, Louisiana.
2K added 1 ball-one pocket tonight (Tuesday) at 7 p.m. central.
13k added one pocket starts Wednesday night.
5k added bar table 9 ball starts Friday night.
PoolActionTV.com

Last edited:

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Last night went about as well as they could have hoped for. Double hill, with Alex come back from a 4-3 deficit to take the lead 6-4, only to have Tony storm back to win the last three and win. It's new felt, so we will see a lot of 8 and outs this tournament. This hurts the grinders and helps the high Fargo guys like Fedor, Roberto and Shane. Expect a lot of offense this week. Tonight is the one ball event and I'll drive over to bet on Fedor and Billy, but there are plenty of players that can win. Very happy with the pro turnout so far for this event. Alex, Shane, Fedor, Roberto and Tony make all five of the top 5 in attendance. Don't sleep on Roland Garcia. He is a dark horse no longer. Sergio Rivas is also one to watch. He finished second to Roberto in New Orleans in November. One of my ones to watch for this year.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Looks like my lessons with Vitaliy might be working < > he just beat Alex Pagulayan in the One Pocket tournament o_O (y) ...I hope he keeps it going so I can hit him up for a little jelly when he gets back 👻
He's playing well beyond his years. I knew he had a coach.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
One Pocket recap: This is my first year sponsoring the event in New Iberia, but it won't be the last. To be succinct, New Iberia is a hotbed for pool and the interest is through the roof. Many of the same fans that went to White Diamonds in its hey day live in the area, but while White Diamonds was cramped and smoky, Emerald Billiards is huge, a full kitchen and smoke free. The pool hall is over 20,000 sq. ft. and built in the middle of a sugar cane field. The parking lot holds over 150 cars and it was packed from Wednesday night through Sunday night.

The 2K added one ball event was won by Fedor Gorst, to no one's surprise. He was the first blind bid. Billy Thorpe was the second highest bid and took second. SVB took third.

We added 10K to the one pocket event and Ray Hansen decided to make your entry fee based on your Fargo rating or known skill. That meant that the dead money got in for $200 but the pros paid $600 and the shortstops paid $400. We had 26 players, but all five of the top 5 active one pocket players were in attendance; Alex, Tony, Fedor, Roberto and SVB. The non-smoking event was well received and well attended. Billy Thorpe, one of the "other" pros, went through a murderers row to win the event undefeated, beating SVB on the Hill and in the finals.

This event will only get bigger. The new owner, Zach Louviere, is excited and was hands on in the event. He spared no expense to make it a great tournament and the improvements from last year were noticeable. The Bayou State Classic will take its place along Buffalos as a great event for Louisiana that the players will look forward to every year.

The nine ball event was full (128) and only about 15 pros played, leaving over 100 fans to try their skills against their pool heroes. The fans loved the event. It was an $80 entry fee.

I have gotten into the sponsoring thing in a larger way these days. My success at law has allowed me to give back and I am happy to do my part. Most of these events are open events with modest entry fees. Please support the events, the streamers and the pool rooms that put them on your for enjoyment and entertainment. Other sponsored events:

The Rack Classic in Livonia, Michigan (Open) poolactiontv.com
Midwest Open Billiards Championship at Michael's Billiards in Fairfield, Ohio (Open) poolactiontv.com
Scotty Townsend Memorial in West Monroe, Louisiana (Pro event) poolactiontv.com
Buffalos Pro Classic in Jefferson, Louisiana (Pro event) poolactiontv.com
3rd Annual One Pocket tournament at Hague5 in the Hague, Netherlands (Open) Orange forks
Buffalos Open One pocket championship, Jefferson, LA (Open) poolactiontv.com
Amar Kang Memorial in Sacramento, California (Open) Post-up on you tube

We have good partners in Alex Lely, Roy, Andreas and Espen in Europe and we hope to grow the tournament scene over there this year. Steve Booth and I will make the trek to Hague5 again this year and we recommend all that can make it come and soak in the atmosphere. It is truly something special.

Joe Long

Last edited: