2nd Euro OnePocket.org tournament -- player sponsor!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Let's do this! The way it works is simple -- just like democracy lol -- your donation buys your vote! Our onepocket.org member that gets the most donation/votes gets the money we raise to help with their costs to make the trip to The Hague -- Hague 5 poolroom -- in the Netherlands. As long as you are donating, make whatever nominations you like. You can vote when you post, but you can change your vote too, up until we have to close it and commit to whoever is going, so they have time to make their arrangements. The tournament is the first weekend of September, so let's give this the month of April to play out. I will continue to update the list as you all chip in. THANK YOU!!!

Donations

NH Steve 400
Eengat 100 pd
Maxwell 200 pd
sorackem 100 pd
rnewkirk 100 pd
cincy_kid 100
ChicagoMike 100 pd
RedCard 300 pd
JohnInNH 100 pd
Cory in dc 200 pd
lll 100 pd
Jay Helfert 100

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I will support ANY of our members to go, so I have not posted a nomination myself yet, but anyone who would like to nominate a member to go, absolutely, pledge a donation and suggest a member!!

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I'm nominating Matt. We might as well raise enough for a plane ticket for Lizz too so he doesn't get lost over there. I chatted with him this morning and he agreed to be our sponsored player if we choose him. Could not happen to a better guy and they both have been there for us..
200.00 from me for Matt

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thanks, Alex, but I can pay my own way. Nominate somebody who wants to go but will have trouble with the expenses. I still plan on going.
Great to hear you are going (but I do realize sometimes your work interferes with your plans).

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I absolutely support Matt (and Lizz) 110% for all that both have them have done for onepocket.org -- and both would be fantastic ambassadors for us!!

I would also like to throw out a few more names that would be great over there. None of these have confirmed they could go or not -- I will let each of them speak for themselves:

cincy -- Of course, there is nobody that does more to keep onepocket.org alive -- literally -- with his fantastic tech support for YEARS now.
Robert Newkirk -- He is one of our super good-natured outgoing members, and ALWAYS in action with ANYONE!!
Jason Moran -- Has to be our marathon man of action in and around every MOT -- and like Newkirk, that means action with ANYONE!
Mitch Brown -- Same idea as Newkirk and Moran -- 100% committed to fun and action; what more could you ask for in an ambassador.
John Henderson -- Same idea -- will play anyone, and is there a more outgoing member of onepocket.org??

I could keep going....

Eengat

Verified Member
Boutique Hotel Fagel
Best for your buck
Stairs no elevator but top spot
Walking distance
And beautiful big rooms

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Boutique Hotel Fagel
Best for your buck
Stairs no elevator but top spot
Walking distance
And beautiful big rooms
If this is the place it looks pretty damn sporty...:)
and

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If this is the place it looks pretty damn sporty...:)
and
Pretty sure that is where we stayed last year. Very nice place! You walk right past the King’s residence on your way to the poolroom 😳 I believe others stayed in a hotel a little closer — in some kind of modern shopping square. Dave G probably remembers. Russ Chewning stayed at that one I am certain. If you are bringing your wife, grab the Fagel place if it fits your budget!!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Diane and I stayed at The Novotel city center that was a little closer to the room. The only reason we stayed there was because the travel agency would only give us credit for the 3 times we had to change plans due to Covid. This was basically our only choice, but it was fine. Large room but a little dated, but they may have renovated since then. it's attached to a pretty cool mall.

Last edited:

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Steve, I appreciate being mentioned for playing in the Hague tourney. Please remove me from consideration. Too much

going on right now for me. I will kick in $100 for whoever we send (if we do). Matt, Chris(Cincy), Jason, Mitch, Mike Eck, Nick P(Jakie)

and so many more. There is a lot that goes in to preparing for attending an overseas tournament, and right now I could not go.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
No go for me either but on my bucket list some year for sure lol.

I'll also kick in $100 for Matt/Lizz or whoever the group ends up selecting.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Iceland Air flies from about a dozen cities in the US. You stop for a couple hours at the Iceland airport (plenty of time to eat and have a drink) before you continue to Amsterdam. Looks like prices are about 900-1500 round trip from them — depending on where you fly out of — including a full cancelation option.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Just a few more days to get your votes in! The voting closes the end of April, but the window definitely stays open for donations. Whoever we all decide to sponsor, let's show them REAL OnePocket.org support -- you know that whoever it is, they will have EARNED it!!

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I absolutely support Matt (and Lizz) 110% for all that both have them have done for onepocket.org -- and both would be fantastic ambassadors for us!!

I would also like to throw out a few more names that would be great over there. None of these have confirmed they could go or not -- I will let each of them speak for themselves:

cincy -- Of course, there is nobody that does more to keep onepocket.org alive -- literally -- with his fantastic tech support for YEARS now.
Robert Newkirk -- He is one of our super good-natured outgoing members, and ALWAYS in action with ANYONE!!
Jason Moran -- Has to be our marathon man of action in and around every MOT -- and like Newkirk, that means action with ANYONE!
Mitch Brown -- Same idea as Newkirk and Moran -- 100% committed to fun and action; what more could you ask for in an ambassador.
John Henderson -- Same idea -- will play anyone, and is there a more outgoing member of onepocket.org??

I could keep going....
Thanks Steve, but I could not fade the travel enough to enjoy it. I vote for Mitch. Matt and Liz and Moran would also be good choices.

Last edited: