8th Annual Seniors One Pocket Tournament Bogies Billiards Houston, Tx.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i booked a room at hampton inn and suites
23523 Northgate Crossing Blvd, Spring, TX, 77373
reviews seemed good
15 minutes from bogies
anyone familiar with the hotel or neighborhood?

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
The 2022 champion "The Wise Man" Ronnie Wiseman is back for 2023 and going for the repeat.
8th Annual Seniors One Pocket Tournament Bogies Billiards Houston, Tx.
September 21-24, 2023.
Going to be a great tournament as always.
Live stream coverage on Pool Action TV.

A New Design - 2023-08-14T034430.667.jpg

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Tell me about it. You answered your own question about where I've been. :rolleyes:

I know this guy pretty good here in town that's about 15 years older than me that goes to senior solutions center or something and plays bridge. He's had lots of medical issues but just about has a meltdown if he can't get down there and play bridge each weekday.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Yes, it's sure a great event. I enjoyed playing two of them. But now it really seems more like a semi-pro/pro event. Nothing wrong with that, but IMO it doesn't have the same feel as it used to.
I played you in one of the events. You left me a shot in game one and I ran out. Game two you found a dead ball and ran out. Game three, repeat game two, rinse and repeat for game four. You earned my undying respect with your playing abilities that day.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I played you in one of the events. You left me a shot in game one and I ran out. Game two you found a dead ball and ran out. Game three, repeat game two, rinse and repeat for game four. You earned my undying respect with your playing abilities that day.
Thanks for the compliment, Bill. But I'm pretty sure that you and I play about even. Anyone can win a race to 3. On second thought, my game has gone pretty far down in the last couple of years, so you'd easily have the edge on me.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
List updated as of 8/23/23

Eighth Annual Bogies Billiards Seniors One Pocket Tournament September 21–24, 2023, Houston, TX
As usual, this competition promises to be fantastic
Coverage of the live feed on Pool Action TV

1692813669327.png

joey20

Steve, I don't have a problem with playing against the retired pros at all. I think it adds a level of excitement to the event that we should all embrace. HOWEVER, my complaint with the event is some of the players think it is just fine to slow play. A one pocket match, racing to 3 or 4 should NEVER take several hours to play. Slow play takes all of the fun out of playing this wonderful game. If slow play is allowed this year, it will most likely be my last time to play in this event. Grady Mathews didn't allow slow play in his events and it should NOT be allowed in this one either.
JoeyA

baby huey

Verified Member
The Seniors event used to start on friday at 6pm with a TRUE DOUBLE ELIMINATION FORMAT. It appears we ar starting on thursday after the calcutta although not sure about that. The double elimination format should be nixed IMO for what we've done with the MOT. Add a game and let the undefeated player get the first break. Even if we start friday say at noon, finishing sunday evening should work out fine.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The Seniors event used to start on friday at 6pm with a TRUE DOUBLE ELIMINATION FORMAT. It appears we ar starting on thursday after the calcutta although not sure about that. The double elimination format should be nixed IMO for what we've done with the MOT. Add a game and let the undefeated player get the first break. Even if we start friday say at noon, finishing sunday evening should work out fine.
Yes, just the final that way — works really well!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Lookin' at the entry list I was reminded of the first time I saw Parica. It was at Dan Tull's place in Olathe in '95 or '96. I was watching him gambling with Grady, and a couple of guys sitting behind me were trying to figure out what the hell game they were "trying" to play. After just a little bit of discussion, one of 'em says, "Whatever they're playin', that little Mexican kid plays pretty good."

In about '01 I drew Parica at the Derby. I beat him 3-0. Well, at least I would have if we'd been gamblin', because I got 3 balls or more every game. I think it was my proudest 1P moment. :unsure: