Bustamante playing in Buffalos Pro Classic, will be inducted into One Pocket HOF.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Francisco Bustamante will be in New Orleans for the Pro Classic on May 21, 2024. We will be inducting him into our Hall of Fame on Thursday or Friday. Steve is finalizing the details but it is one we don't want to miss.

Joe

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Good for him. Hopefully we can get back to celebrating all of our new and upcoming HOF’ers.

With the new pool room and the addition at Buffalos maybe the HOF dinners can be there now.

The catered sea food buffet might be an awesome draw in itself. 😋😋😋

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Good for him. Hopefully we can get back to celebrating all of our new and upcoming HOF’ers.

With the new pool room and the addition at Buffalos maybe the HOF dinners can be there now.

The catered sea food buffet might be an awesome draw in itself. 😋😋😋
Not a "dinner" this year, but definitely the rest of our Hall of Fame presentation -- so Joe Long as our Master of Ceremonies, special guest presenters and guest speakers, with plaque, printed program and HOF posters of the inductee/s. A dinner needs the right kind of space and food services on site to accommodate it, and we don't have that yet. The dinner is also an expensive and stressful commitment for the organizer. But this will be the complete HOF presentation -- just without the meal, which also means it will be free and open to anyone to sit in for the experience. Anyone who has ever been can attest, these are great to experience, for the recipients, their families and friends, and for the fans!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Steve, I take it that the Buff's event will be the new annual HOF celebration time.
Since there will be a living legend to induct, could it also be time to induct one of the long ago old timers?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Steve, I take it that the Buff's event will be the new annual HOF celebration time.
Since there will be a living legend to induct, could it also be time to induct one of the long ago old timers?
This year just trying to get caught up with the Covid and Visa delayed inductions of Alex and Bustamante. Next year we will be more open to new (or old, if one of the old timers can generate enough support).

As for the location, we are definitely giving it a solid try and hopefully it is a success -- mainly for the inductee's sake!

Not having a "dinner" and making the event free takes a lot of pressure off me to sell support for the dinner, which was like a $7000 expense +/-. Before, the programs were freely included with the dinner -- now they will be available to buy but only free to the inductees (current and past in attendance). The 12x18 posters have always been available for sale so that won't change. Both those are popular to browse, collect, and get signed. Joe taking over the MC is also a huge relief for me, and he will also be good at getting guests up there to chime in. Hopefully the crowd (and management, and streamer) there at Buffalo's all take to the event and we can lock it in for future years.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Francisco Bustamante will be in New Orleans for the Pro Classic on May 21, 2024. We will be inducting him into our Hall of Fame on Thursday or Friday. Steve is finalizing the details but it is one we don't want to miss.

Joe

Great...

...is he being let into the MOT?

Lou Figueroa
I kid
I kid
(but just a little)