HOF, Buffalos tournament cancelled

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
James Leone just announced he canceled the May one pocket tournament and the HOF. Here is a copy of his post

Buffalos One Pocket and 9 ball tournament as well as the Hall of Fame Dinner for inductees Alex and Busti has been cancelled for those dates in May......Jefferson Parish wants to limit the social gatherings to 50 people ...for the next 8 weeks at least .....They could extend that at anytime....If you havent been here for that....there has been so many people I rented a restroom trailer and put it out front .....ya cant move in here....there ain't room for personal space...Also I have made up my mind on this matter.......and dont bother calling me cause I am shutting off my phone......This tournament is an expensive affair ...and I am not going to have it under ****ed up circumstances.......To quote Mr Spock....its just the logical thing to do

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I can't blame Buff for being cautious. He's got a lot of money at stake. Personally I think this thing will be all wrapped up by May/June, but who knows how many people would be afraid of attending, plus Parish politicians will tend to use overkill.

keoneyo

Verified Member
We'll reschedule when we can. Health trumps fun.
Do you think that there could be any interest in having some challenge matches in a shut down pool hall online only? Closed to attendance. Using only a film crew and those in official capacity, the players, and their team? I'd pay for it.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Do you think that there could be any interest in having some challenge matches in a shut down pool hall online only? Closed to attendance. Using only a film crew and those in official capacity, the players, and their team? I'd pay for it.
Roys Basement has one starting this week in his basement for just this purpose. Filler vs DD 3 days race to 100.. I think the Fillers are kind of captive at his house...lol

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Hopefully it can all be rescheduled at some point, but I would not expect until the fall at the soonest -- that's just my guess in terms of how this plays out.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I am trying to think who DD might be . . . . :unsure: Dippy Dave, Danny Diliberto, Daffy Duck, local player? Darren Dappelton?

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

I can stream it. Just plan on playing at my house. 50 miles from anywhere. Fine buffer zone.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Well the next cancellation that seems prudent would be the MOT. We can have a RR at private tables in member homes. Col Bille has a table and there are many members down his way. I have a table and Whitey, John, Walt, can come here. There is plenty of space, each person can have their own sleeping area. BYOF.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
I'm guessing that the Bay Area Lockdown becomes the new normal everywhere, except maybe West Texas. It could be worse: First they came for our freedom of movement. Then they came for our guns. Finally they took our pool cues...and the revolution was born!